Welcome back for guided tours!
Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
To ensure your health in the best way possible, we are limiting our tours to 10 guests per tour.
Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com
Upon arrival, check in with the guide at the information desk.
Please wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth. Masks should not be placed on children under age 2.
Maintain at least 6 feet between your group members and others throughout the tour. Please feel free to use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the Capitol.
We are limiting the number of people per elevator.
We apologize but the Welcome Center is closed at this time.
There is limited indoor dining and food selection at the Capitol Restaurant at this time.
Disclaimer: While we are taking extra precautions to help keep you safe during your visit, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to Covid-19.
Sincerely, the Capitol Tour Guides.
- Schedule early. You may now schedule 1 year in advance. The spring is School Field Trip Season. Schedule online at www.pacapitol.com/book-a-tour/
- For your safety and the safety of others, as well as for quality tour purposes, group size is limited to 80 (total of students and chaperones combined) for each tour group scheduled. Evacuations are hindered with larger groups.
- Due to safety regulations, all tour groups, even those that are not conducted by General Assembly Tour Guides, are required to schedule their tours through this office at 1-800-868-7672. Failure to do so may result in unnecessary delays for your group.
- Call us first before scheduling other Harrisburg venues.
- Keep in mind, the State Museum is OPEN some Mondays and some Tuesdays in the spring to help accommodate school field trips (otherwise, the State Museum is closed Mondays and Tuesdays).
- Regular weekdays, there are four (4) public entrances to the Capitol. They are:
- East Wing Entrance at the Fountain on Commonwealth Avenue (also the handicapped entrance)
- Main Rotunda Entrance at Third and State Streets
- North Office Building on North street (closes at 3:00 p.m.)
- Irvis Office Building off of Walnut street (closes at 3:00 p.m.)
- During the week groups MUST enter through the East Wing Entrance on Commonwealth Avenue (by the fountain). Capitol Police will not permit groups exceeding 20 to enter through the main entrance on Third Street during the week.
- Be aware of security procedures. Even if you've visited before, it is in your best interest to obtain the most recent, up-to-date security information.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to be processed through security. Even if you are not part of a group, you may end up behind one entering the building. Items confiscated will NOT be returned. Promote, If you don't need it; don't bring it.
- On weekends and most holidays, use the main Rotunda entrance at the Third and State streets. The handicap accessible entrance must be prearranged on weekends and most holidays. You can do so by calling 1-800-868-7672.
- Group leaders should check in with the tour guide at the Information Desk just inside the East Wing and Main Rotundas.
- Bus parking is available at both the State Farm Show complex, 717-787-5373, and on City Island. Parking garages for smaller vehicles are conveniently located in the areas surrounding the Capitol complex. For more information on parking, click here.
- Incorporate time into the day's activities for restroom breaks. It is important to be on time for your tour to maintain your schedule for the day and to avoid delays for other scheduled groups.
- Lunch tables are scheduled by booking online or calling the Tour Guide Office, 1-800-868-7672.
- Brown bagged lunches should be in boxes or coolers and distinctly marked with the school name. Do not leave these boxes or coolers next to a trash can. They will be discarded.
- Please let us know if you must cancel or change your visit by calling 1-800-868-7672. All changes must be made through the Tour Guide Office.