Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
Tours fill quickly. We recommend scheduling in advance. Walk-ins are welcome according to availability.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time and check in with the guide at the information desk.
Our tours are limited to 40 guests total per tour. Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com. You may now book one year in advance.
As a reminder self- guided tours are not permitted weekends and holidays.
Sincerely, the Capitol Tour Guides.
There are many ways to view the proceedings of the Pennsylvania House or Senate.
- If you are visiting the Capitol, each chamber has a gallery that is open to the public. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis.
- The Pennsylvania Cable Network, known as PCN, also carries live coverage of House and Senate sessions. This private television cable network provides 24-hour coverage of government and public affairs in the state.
- You can also watch session live online via the link below. Check the schedule for upcoming session days.
House Gallery Rules
Please be prepared on Session days as the following items are prohibited when visiting the House Gallery.
- The use of cell phones and/or electronic devices of any kind is strictly prohibited. This includes audio/video recording and photography.
- DO NOT lean or rest feet on the railing.
- NO briefcases, NO backpacks, or NO large purses allowed
- Strollers and food/drink are prohibited.
- Intentional disturbance and/or verbal approval or disapproval of House proceedings is prohibited.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in expulsion from the House Gallery.
Click here to check Session days and times
Watching Session Live
The following downloadable resources can help you get the most out of your visit the House or Senate chamber.
Making Law Pennsylvania
Have you ever wished that government would just step in and pass a law to correct some situation you find totally unacceptable? Fortunately for all of us, it's not that simple. Making law in Pennsylvania is a meticulous process - and for good reason.
Welcome to the Senate of Pennsylvania
Learn about The Pennsylvania General Assembly, how a bill becomes law, and about a Senator's job.
Our House Pennsylvania
A Visitors Guide to the PA House of Representatives. Your visit to the House of Representatives is an opportunity to observe the House in action and learn more about this historic workplace that belongs to us all. Take a seat in the visitors' gallery and make yourself at home.