We have missed you and welcome you back for guided tours. Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
- To ensure your health in the best way possible we are limiting our tours to 10 guests per tour.
- Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com.
- Upon your arrival, check in with the guide at the information desk.
- Please wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth. Masks should not be placed on children under age 2.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between your group members and others throughout the tour. Please feel free to use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the Capitol.
- We are limiting the number of people per elevator.
- We apologize but the Welcome Center is closed at this time.
- There is no indoor dining and limited food selection at the Capitol Restaurant at this time.
Disclaimer: While we are taking extra precautions to help keep you safe during your visit we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to Covid 19
Security and Entering the Pennsylvania Capitol
Allow time in your schedule for security processing into the Capitol.
Visitors must use the public entrances -
- East Wing Entrance at the Fountain on Commonwealth Avenue (also the handicapped entrance)
- Main Rotunda Entrance at Third and State Streets
- North Office Building on North street (closes at 3:00 p.m.)
- Irvis Office Building off of Walnut street (closes at 3:00 p.m.)
Weekdays, groups of 20 or more MUST enter through the East Wing. Weekends and holidays this access must be pre-arranged by calling 1-800-868-7672
All visitors - no exceptions - to the PA State Capitol will be processed through metal detectors. All bags and packages will be x-rayed, and are subject to hand inspection. Personal items may be hand-inspected. Security screening may require whole body pat-down. Confiscated materials will NOT be returned.
Persons have the right to refuse any or all of these security screening procedures. Refusal to comply, entry to the building will be denied. Items may not be delivered or left behind.
Visitors exiting the Capitol must be reprocessed for return entry.
For additional information on security, please visit the website of the Bureau of Police and Safety, Capitol Police.