We have missed you and welcome you back for guided tours. Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
- To ensure your health in the best way possible we are limiting our tours to 10 guests per tour.
- Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com.
- Upon your arrival, check in with the guide at the information desk.
- Please wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth. Masks should not be placed on children under age 2.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between your group members and others throughout the tour. Please feel free to use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the Capitol.
- We are limiting the number of people per elevator.
- We apologize but the Welcome Center is closed at this time.
- There is no indoor dining and limited food selection at the Capitol Restaurant at this time.
Disclaimer: While we are taking extra precautions to help keep you safe during your visit we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to Covid 19
Pennsylvania State History
Geared towards both children and adults, this booklet offers some basic and not-so-basic information about our state-- along with a quick review of who we are, what we stand for, where we came from, and what keeps us going.
Pennsylvania's 67 County Names
Pennsylvania's history is revealed in the names of its counties. From its geological features, to Native American terms, to former U.S. presidents, Pennsylvania's county names are as diverse as the citizens who live here.
Pennsylvania Firsts in the nation
Pennsylvania was first in the nation for many goods and services you may not have expected.
Pennsylvania's State Symbols
Pennsylvania has many official "mascots". Each of these symbols is connected to history, honors a native species, or recognizes a product of importance to Pennsylvania's economy.