We have missed you and welcome you back for guided tours. Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
- To ensure your health in the best way possible we are limiting our tours to 10 guests per tour.
- Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com.
- Upon your arrival, check in with the guide at the information desk.
- Please wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth. Masks should not be placed on children under age 2.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between your group members and others throughout the tour. Please feel free to use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the Capitol.
- We are limiting the number of people per elevator.
- We apologize but the Welcome Center is closed at this time.
- There is no indoor dining and limited food selection at the Capitol Restaurant at this time.
Disclaimer: While we are taking extra precautions to help keep you safe during your visit we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to Covid 19
Welcome to your Keystone Classroom!
Here, teachers and students of all ages will find resources providing an abundance of interesting information on this great Commonwealth, the Pennsylvania Legislature and our Capitol. You can even take an online quiz to test your knowledge of Pennsylvania!
Did you know that William Penn came from England to settle Pennsylvania in 1682, that our state dog is the Great Dane, and that our state beverage is milk? Did you also know that Pennsylvania was the FIRST state to have a public library, successful newspaper, public zoo, commercial radio station, steamboat, and state police, and was FIRST in production of pretzels, potato chips, scrapple, sausage and mushrooms? There are many politicians, authors, entertainers and inventors who have made Pennsylvania their home – Ben Franklin, James Buchanan, Louisa May Alcott, Jimmy Stewart, and Milton S. Hershey to name a few.
Did you also know that the Pennsylvania General Assembly meets in the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg? Our General Assembly is comprised of the Senate and the House of Representatives. There are 50 Senators and 203 Representatives.
Be sure to click around here and check out all of the information, facts and trivia on our great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!
When you come to visit our beautiful Capitol, be sure to stop in the Interactive Welcome Center, where you can learn, have fun and explore all things Pennsylvania.