We have missed you and welcome you back for guided tours. Your safety is important to us. We ask that you comply with the following guidelines.
- To ensure your health in the best way possible we are limiting our tours to 10 guests per tour.
- Book your tour online at www.pacapitol.com.
- Upon your arrival, check in with the guide at the information desk.
- Please wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth. Masks should not be placed on children under age 2.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between your group members and others throughout the tour. Please feel free to use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the Capitol.
- We are limiting the number of people per elevator.
- We apologize but the Welcome Center is closed at this time.
- There is no indoor dining and the Capitol Restaurant is closed until 2021.
Disclaimer: While we are taking extra precautions to help keep you safe during your visit we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to Covid 19
To Our External Tour Contacts and Self-Guided Visitors
- PRECEDENCE - All tours with the official General Assembly Tour Guides take precedence over external tour groups
- SIZE - Group size cannot exceed 40 individuals. (During COVID-19 restrictions, tour cannot exceed 10 persons)
- DATE - Any tour group wishing to bring a group of more than 5 people to the Capitol must arrange a date and time for their tour at least 3 business days in advance by calling 1-800-868-7672. Groups without advance reservations may not be able to complete their tour, depending on space and scheduling limitations.
- CHECK IN - Upon arrival, all groups of more than 5 individuals will be expected to check in with the Information Desk before beginning a tour of the Capitol. Check-ins will allow us to ensure appropriate time distancing between groups in arriving at tour locations.
- ROUTE - All groups will be given a designated route through the building for their tour, to ensure that more than one tour group does not attempt to see the same space at the same time. The standard tour route is outlined below.
- PUBLIC ACCESS - Information on areas which are open to public tours and those which are not is available at the Information Desk daily. Groups are prohibited from entering areas not designated as open to public tours.
- FLOOR ACCESS - Senate Chamber Floor and House Chamber Floor access is denied - unless escorted by respective Legislator or staffer. Weekend tours will need to contact the Senate Secretary's Office and/or House Parliamentarian's Office to make arrangements for Floor access. In some cases, security might not be available to permit weekend or afterhours access.
Stop #2 - Senate Gallery (8-10 min.) - walk to Courtroom (if Courtroom permission granted)
Stop #3 - Courtroom - By Permission Only - subject to denied access due to judicial scheduling
Stop #4 - House Gallery (8-10 min.)